Wednesday, May 15, 2013

My Bat Girl Experience

The contest had been open for a month before my nomination was entered and I was in there less than 24 hours before voting and submission was closed There were many people who wanted to vote for me, but the opportunity was closed at that point. I had about 12 hours to make it happen. In the end, I guess it did not matter too much, as they were 10% of what the judges considered. Many of the ladies spoke about being huge baseball fans. But in the end, the contest wasn't about who is the biggest Mariners fan. It was about "going to bat against breast cancer". I've received a lot of compliments on how my story is inspirational and, to say the least, this makes me feel really good about myself. A lady in the restroom even told me I did well for the first pitch (I was very glad to hear this; when I was practicing under the stands, the ball slipped from my hand several times and I did not want that to happen in front of thousands of people. While my dad, a baseball purist, insisted I use the traditional overhand toss, the event managers encouraged me to use whichever style was comfortable to me. So in the end, I used an underhanded throw, which drew an accolade from Dustin Ackley. For more information visit: http://countingblessings1by1.blog.com/sample-page/

2 comments:

Brianne said...

I'm so happy you were chosen! That is such an amazing experience for you and your family. I am glad that your story can inspire so many others!

Chris and Hilary said...

What a fun experience! Congrats on winning, you deserve it!