http://seattle.mariners.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130508&content_id=46958044¬ebook_id=46963672&vkey=notebook_sea&c_id=seat
Thanks to my dad for submitting the essay that won over the MLB:
Tess
The young lady I would like to nominate for this honor is my daughter Kimberly Tess Fugere. I think you will be hard pressed to find a more deserving person than Kimberly. She was born with one fourth of her brain damaged and she had suffered an intrauteral stoke, she also has cerebral palsy. The doctors told my wife she would never walk or talk and she should be institutionalized. Well she stepped to the plate and proved them all wrong. She grew up to get a college degree, marry, and give my wife and I two beautiful grandchildren. My wife has a family history of a genetic cancer disorder that prevents the body from fighting cancer. Kimberly lost her grandmother to cancer, her mom (my wife) to cancer at 52. One year after losing her mom to cancer she was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer at 30. She is now 33 and has a great attitude and outlook on life despite the fact that her cancer has metastasized to her lungs and brain. She underwent brain surgery 2 months ago and has ongoing treatments for other areas. Honestly if you can find someone with a more hear wrenching story than Kimberly's please honor them, they deserve it, but as I state earlier I think that is going to be a very tough assignment for you. Sincerely, Jim Greenman Proud Dad

1 comment:
So cool! I'm so proud of you!
Post a Comment