So I haven't figured out how to rotate the below picture even though it is saved on my computer correctly that is why it is the way it is...
I have to agree with my sister when she told me to just buy
a $5-$10 Halloween costume for Emeline. Before she said that I didn’t even know
I could get one that cheap all the costumes I looked at were $15-$20 at the
cheapest. Ross is adamant on his opinion and refuses to buy any Chinese made
costume. Ross’ idea was that WE should make a costume. I cannot even believe I
entertained the idea especially since I’m not a sewer. I’ve wanted to learn,
but haven’t got to it and I don’t think sewing a costume is the way to start. I
went to a thrift store and found a Snow White costume, but it is more than 3x
too big for Emeline. I got it thinking I could size it down, it would look
terrible, but Emeline wouldn’t care. After getting home I got to thinking about
it and thought it was too much and I would just save it till Emeline grows into
it. I would follow the advice of my sister. Emeline is already excited to dress
up as Snow White, but she’ll get over it. When I talked to Ross about this he
told me again that he didn’t want a cheapo costume that would fall apart and
have toxic chemicals on it he proceeded to tell me that he would sew the dress
up himself…. And “sew” he did (I helped with cutting, but it is hard for a
lefty to use a rotary cutter made for a righty. At the very end of cutting I
had Ross help.)
I literally dusted off my sewing machine that my mom bought
me over 4 years ago. We used it once together after getting it and I haven’t
used it since. (I want to change that though. I want to make my mom and grandma
proud.) As dumb as it sounds I got a little emotional when I was cutting the
fabric. I was thinking my mom and grandma were there watching what I was doing
probably thinking that I’m crazy. It is times like this when I wish that my mom
and grandma were alive and we lived close to them so they could help me with
the sewing. (BTW the sewing job is not good in fact Ross said it looks like a drunk person sewed it, but he did it.)
On another note as far as my hair growth 2 months after
chemo goes my hair is growing fast!! I was able to keep about 1/3 of my hair so
there are some areas where it is not as thick as others, but it is filling in!!
Its great Emeline notices that my hair is growing just like she noticed when I
had very little hair. Throughout chemo I told her that it would grow back, but
it would take time. It is wonderful looking in the mirror and noticing that my
hair is growing more and more. Not quite like the 1985 movie “The Peanut Butter
Solution” which is a good thing (I had not heard of the movie until Ross told
me about it. IMDB.com gave it a 6.2 rating which I was surprised I would have
given it a 1, maybe.) If I’m lucky I won’t need a wig by 2012.
3 comments:
I'm impressed that Ross attempted to sew. I can always help you out with sewing stuff if you want. Or if you want help learning sewing stuff too.
I'm so happy for you that your hair is growing in so quickly!
Make me want to cry and made me laugh! I wish I could be with you now!!
Love ya tons!
Nicole
Yes, I think you guys are crazy to do that much work. Ross would make Grandpa proud for not giving into cheap Walmart costumes....I am impressed Ross gave it a shot, I can't wait to see the picture of Emeline :)
Post a Comment