Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Latest news on Emeline

I've been trying to teach Emeline the word "please" I think she's starting to get it however she is missing a couple letters and when Ross gave her something yesterday it sounded like she said "tks" or something like that for "thanks". she'll try to say most words we ask her to. A couple days ago we were looking at a book with animals in it. We came to a cow. I told her that the cow says "moo" "What does the cow say?" I asked. a couple times she said "Ooo". She knows what it means when I say "lets go eat" She'll head for the kitchen and sometimes try to open the fridge. And if I'm lucky when she sees the wipes and diaper in my hand she'll lay down for me... She's been doing that for awhile. Another thing she does is give us kisses. She'll even make the sound. I guess we are a good example for her. She thinks it's funny when Ross and I kiss. She's also going through the phase where she'll only eat if she can feed herself with the spoon or fork and just like any young child she uses anything as a phone and says some form of "hello"
This isn't the best lighting, it was taken in the bathroom, but she is smiling in it and if Ross isn't around it is hard to get Emeline to smile. I've come to know that Emeline really loves her dad maybe because she is around me all the time and gets sick of me, but she surely gets excited when he comes home from work and always greets him at the door. It's funny she knows what the sound of keys are getting ready to unlock the door. A couple of weeks ago Ross and I went to the dentist. We made the appointments an hour appart so there is someone to watch Emeline, but a few minutes after Ross went in I was called in. "Are you ready?" I was asked. "Yeah." I gave this look like 'what am I going to do with Emeline?' The receptionist (mother of the girl who cleaned my teeth) watched Emeline. If I knew this was going to happen I would have left Emeline with someone. Our appointments were at 8 a.m. and 9 a.m. and the only two people in the office getting their teeth clean so it worked out that way. The hygienist who cleaned my teeth asked if Emeline was a daddy's girl (because she was keeping an eye on him the most) I said "kind of"
I wish I was able to get Emeline's face in this picture, but every time I tried to she would sit up. I've been wanting Emeline to get attached to a blanket for a long time now. Maybe if she was attached to a blanket she would wean off needing to pull my hair and suck her thumb I keep saying I've created a monster and I'm promoting bad behavior when I let her do this, but it keeps her quiet. Yesterday Ross and I were at Walmart it was getting close to nap time so we were trying to hurry. Emeline started to cry and reached out her hand to grab my hair. It was the only way to keep her from crying so as I pushed the cart she had a firm grasp on my hair. We have similar instances like during Sacrament meeting at church. To keep her from crying and needing to take her out I gave her my hair. It must look really funny to those who see this strange behavior where she'll yank my hair so much that my head will be tilted. If we are in public I won't let her do this. I think it looks kind of silly, but people do see her yank on my hair and they think it is so cute. I don't think it is so cute. SO I'm hoping this blanket thing will work out because for the last couple of days she's been grabbing a blanket and dragging it around and even lay with it on the floor like she is doing in this picture. The blankets she takes are too big for her to carry around, she just trips on them so we'll have to think of something, but whatever it is I hope it works because this hair feddish is a bit much. Good thing I have a lot of hair because she sure pulls out a lot.
Emeline with the blanket my mom "helped" me make for her... Well my mom did most of the work...
Oh and I almost forgot. I love being a mom and especially a mom to Emeline. I hope she loves that I'm her mom and that she grows to think that I'm the best just like everyone should think of their parents as. I love being able to be with her all day every day. Especially when I'm able to sit on the rocking chair with her on my lap and read to her. When the book is done she'll take it and get another one. She'll do this many times. I pretty much have the books memorized. I love that she loves books. She's also learning to put the books back on the shelf and not just on the floor by the shelf... Also if I'm trying to get something done she'll bring a book to me wanting me to read to her... How can I restist?

2 comments:

JImandDiane said...

Well, this blog has definately put me to tears! Emeline is definately the cutest little baby in the world! Inside and out, and with a mom and dad (family like she has, how can she go wrong?)
I love you and miss you all sooooooo MUCH!!!!1
Love, MOM

Michelle Y. said...

Tanner had a hair feddish also and I had to wean him to a blanket, it was always so cute to see him snuggle with his blankey. Trevor loved books more than any of my kids, probably because I had all the time in the world to read to him...when I was pregnant with Tanner and so sick I remember closing my eyes and reading to Trevor because I had them all memorized. You are the very best mom, it is so cute to see how much Ememline loves you and your hair.