Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Continually Growing

Emeline was officially 18 months on Saturday. I'm not quite sure where the last year and a half went, but I can't believe that she is already 18 months. Emeline saw the pediatrician yesterday, she had a check up that checked out. We found out that she weighs 24 lbs. (50th percentile, up from her 12 month check up when she was 25th percentile) she is inevitably petite (31 1/4 inches long- 25th percentile for her age) and she continues to have a big head literally and figuratively 95th percentile (19 1/2 inchs). Emeline did amazingly well with her immunization (maybe it helped she wasn't poked nearly as much as she was the last time) sure she cried, but it didn't last long at all (last time I had to console her all the way to the car and each time she has been asleep by the time we get back home- not this time. She was awake, but took a longer nap then usual.
Sunday was Emeline's first day in nursery. I failed to take pictures because we had to wake her up from her nap to get to church on time. I meant to take pictures after church, but I forgot because we quickly changed her clothes because we needed to leave for Ross' Aunt's house a half an hour after church (this is what happens when church doesn't start till 1:45 p.m.) I'll have to make up for it later, but it still wont be the same.) By the time we got home it was way past her bed time. For the most part she did well although she was a little quiet, but I was impressed she sat through singing time. As far as reacting to other kids her age range it varies. Sometimes she'll randomly hug them (and share toys as well) and other times she'll softly hit them or take away their toy, so I guess we'll have to work on that.
We had to take Emeline out of Sacrament meeting again, on Sunday. Sitting for over an hour isn't too easy for a baby, as you well know. When I went out into the foyer with Emeline there was another little girl there (13 months old) since it was during Sacrament it probably wasn't the time to encourage them to chase each other back and forth laughing, but I couldn't help, but think that it was so cute.

1 comment:

Rick and Jenny Runyan said...

What a cute little girl! McKyla turns 18 months this week too, it seems like she and Emmaline are a lot alike! This is such a fun age don't you think? I love the hat she's wearing in the pictures!