
On February 7, 2011 I was diagnosed with breast cancer. I am only 31 years old so to say that I have cancer seems strange and unreal to me. Unfortunately I come from a long family history of relatives that have had cancer including my mom and grandma. Plenty of family members who were diagnosed with cancer were young and in some cases younger than me so I should not be surprised. I guess it is one of those things when you think that it will never happen to you though with my extreme history some have said “It’s not if you get cancer it is when you get cancer” Well that might be a stretch.
What I’ve been told for sure is that I will be having surgery and I will be needing chemo therapy. Sadly for me I waited a little too long to get my lump checked out, but since I’ve been nursing it threw me off and I thought I had a blocked duct or something having to do with nursing thinking it would go away it never did and instead continued to grow. I’ve said things like “When I have chemo…” When I talk about it I feel like I am talking about someone else and when I asked my dad if I could have my mom’s turbans that sounds weird to me also. I suppose reality will sink in once I have surgery and go through chemo treatments. In short I think I’ll use this blog as a journal for me as I fight off breast cancer as well as the other things that go on with our family.

6 comments:
Kim, our prayers are with you and your sweet family. Remember that I can watch your kids anytime. Please keep us updated with what's going on so we can get in lots of help for you.
Kim, I'm so sad to hear about this disease coming to your door. Our thoughts and prayers are w you. Your sweet kids, I'm sure, will bring joy where nothing else can.
Kim, you have been through so many things in this life of yours. Our prayers will be with you during your fight. This is so cliche'...and there may be nothing to do from so far away...but I want you to know I'm here if there is anything you ever need. Lots of love.
Abby
Kim, I think it a great idea to use this blog as a journal to write about your fight against breast cancer. You are such a great writer and I know it will be very inspirational to all who read it. I am coming to WA to help you as soon as I recover and then our Dallin and Tallen can be best cousins :) I love you!
Kim, you are in my mind and prayers every day. I hope you know how many people are admiring your courage and your faith. I too have thought the whole 'not if, but when' scenario but I am so sorry that it has become a reality for you so early. I hope you are finding comfort and relief, and please let me be a part of that comfort and relief in any way I can! I am just a half hour away and would love to have your kids over for a day while you rest or seek solace in the temple or have a night out in the city with Ross...or anything else!! Lots of hugs to you and I agree with Michelle, this is the perfect place for your experience in this battle that we can all learn from.
I love you tons!! You are the best!! You are so amazing!!
Love,
Nicole
Post a Comment