Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Visit with my Dad/Dallin's blessing day

I was able to have my dad around for the past 4 days and it has been great. He left this evening and we miss him already. Just before leaving and my dad told Emeline he was leaving she said, "you have to go back to Grandma Nellie?" It breaks my heart some day she won't remember my mom and she won't be asking that.
Unfortunately my dad was cheated out on a day because of a long plane delay. This was my dad's first visit with Dallin. He would have come earlier, but a month before Dallin was born he had hip replacement surgery that put him out of work for a month and he couldn't take any more time off. He had to wait till school got out (HS math teacher) he then had to wait a week after that because my sister had a baby boy (she only lives 10 miles from my parents) though the time has gone way too fast we filled every day to the fullest. It has been so enjoyable and the best thing is that I truly feel my mom's spirit was with us often. I really wish that she could be here in the flesh. I have missed her so much and have shed some tears because of it.

We went to Chuck-E-Cheese with my Uncle and Aunt and his family and my cousin and his 3 kids. We live less than an hour from them yet only end up seeing them when family comes. Yeah it is pretty sad.

We also went to northwest treck with my cousin and saw many different animals

On the tram looking at the animals

(Dallin is lying on a blanket my mom made)
Dallin was also given a name and a blessing while my Dad was in town. Unfortunately the microphone wasn't working and I was sitting in the second to the last row and heard a few words here and there. When Emeline was blessed my mom wrote down things that were said in the blessing. Since she wasn't there to do it I did it, but didn't get much except for a few words here and there so I had to ask around to jot down those things that were said.
Afterwards a lady came up to me and felt bad I couldn't hear the blessing "At least he was blessed that is all that matters." She told me.






Emeline with my cousin Merrick they are 6 weeks apart

1 comment:

Michelle Y. said...

That is sad about that Emeline said. When we were home Tyler said, "Grandma Nellie is driving." I think that was his was of saying, she is supposed to be here but she is not here. I know she is near, but I miss her soooo much, especially when I go home and go in her room. It is theraputic and very sad. I love that the kids talk about her often. One good thing is that Trevor was only 18 months when gma Tess passed away and he talks about her a ton still because I talk about her and keep her alive.