I'm so grateful that I get to be with Emeline in nursery for two hours. That may seem a little odd. Some might feel that those two hours are a releif on their part to have someone else take care of their toddler, but I have to admit I'd rather be there than anywhere else. Today was a very good day in nursery. We had nine children, but it went smoothly a lot better than some weeks that is although by the last ten minutes of church the children were definitely ready to leave and so were we.
I've been in charge of singing time every Sunday. Luckily these are just toddlers because I'm a bad singer, but I enjoy singing with the children even though I can hear my cracky voice more than the children's quiet sweet voices. I am very amazed at how well they know the songs at such a young age. Emeline is really into the songs and sings them all throughout the week. She'll grab our Primary Hymn book and say "Sing sing." she'll then turn to the first song, "I am a child of God" and start singing it. Her other favorites are "Wise man and foolish man", "Popcorn popping", "do as I'm doing", "Once there was a snowman" "I love to see the Temple..." (I've actually made up a song to the tune of "I love to see the temple" when Emeline was really little. I would sing it softly to her when I rocked her to sleep and still do,)
"I love my Emeline, my Emeline Tess. She is the very best in the whole wide world. I love my Emeline my Emeline Tess she is the very best- in the whole wide world." (OK so that might be a little much, but the words are for my record. It's not a perfect match of the tune, but it works) So a lot of times she'll start singing that song, but she does know the real words too.

"I love my Emeline, my Emeline Tess. She is the very best in the whole wide world. I love my Emeline my Emeline Tess she is the very best- in the whole wide world." (OK so that might be a little much, but the words are for my record. It's not a perfect match of the tune, but it works) So a lot of times she'll start singing that song, but she does know the real words too.
3 comments:
That is so sweet! Kaylin also loves "the temple song", I am a Child of God, "foolish man washed away", Popcorn Popping, and Once There Was a Snowman. She also likes "sunbeam". I love how many of the words she knows and I definitely thank nursery for that. Kaylin LOVES nursery and can't wait to go. You guys are the best and I really appreciate all of your time, effort, and of course patience :-).
So cute, I sing to my boys, "I'm so glad when Tanner comes home, glad as I can be..." It was so cute when we were Tanner's primary teachers and we sang that for the first time for Father's day and he got the biggest grin on his face because it was his song (I sing it to my other boys to, he just thinks it's his song). I love nursery. I wanted that calling so much. I was also so glad when they called me to Sunbeams when Tanner was in it and now I am in Scouts with Trevor.
McKyla loves those same songs! I was amazed at how quickly she learned them in primary since I was bad at teaching her at home. So good for you for being the leader that teaches those songs!And I think it's so sweet that you love being in there with her so much!
Post a Comment