Monday, May 11, 2009

What's up with the Fugere's?

It has been so long since I've updated this blog. I feel guilty every time I do update it, thinking I could be doing something more useful. I do eventually want to turn this into a book and I've started, but I don't have the stamina that my sister has who has made I think 3 books out of her blog. I suppose I feel guilty working on that also. One thing I have been doing that I don't feel guilty doing is working on the "novel" I've been at for far too long and maybe when I'm 90 it will be published- haha I hope it doesn't take that long. I know I'm no Stephanie Meyer who can write a book in three months and writing a whole series based on a dream (if that was the case I'd have to copycat her because I dream about vampires a lot though I haven't for a week or so, but even so I'd never be able to write a book on it let alone 4)
Instead my writing style is from my personal experiences. The following is a portion of what I've been working on I hope it doesn't bore anyone. Any feedbacks would be great...
"Many years ago I began to walk down a road less traveled. I haven’t always had a positive outlook on life. My greatest challenge in my earthy experience has been overcoming the way I have felt about my relationship with others and myself. I was just an ordinary girl who lacked a lot of self-confidence. In fact, it was about sixteen years ago when I thought the world turned against me. Towards the end of grade school my mom repeatedly told me I was a humble person. I couldn’t comprehend the idea of possibly having such an admirable quality.
In the pre-existence I accepted the challenge to have a stroke before I was born. When I was six months old doctors noticed that I was somewhat delayed in motor development so they proceeded to do a CT brain scan showing an 1/8 of the left side of my brain, damaged and a cyst grew in its place causing me to be born with cerebral palsy. The doctors were unsure of what triggered the disturbance to the brain, but if an adult had the type of stroke I had they would have had a slim chance of surviving, because babies have a strong resilience I surpassed the trauma. It has partially paralyzed me on the right side of my body so I cannot mobilize my right hand to the fullest, I have a visual field cut, I walk with a slight limp, and I am epileptic. Doctors broke the news to my mom and told her I would never be able to walk or talk and was advised to see someone who could teach me sign language. A lady came to our home to teach me how to sign when she went on maternity leave another lady took her spot, she noticed whenever I wanted something I pointed to the object making a grunting noise instantly my mom rushed over to get it for me. It was then the lady motivated my mother not to respond in such a way, it just gave me a reason not to talk..."

Well that is enough on that. Emeline is loving nursery and is catching onto a lot of the songs along with the hand motions like to "popcorn popping", "Book of Mormon Stories" and many more. Oh and she knows where to find the snacks she gets in nursery. When I'm in the foyer with her during Sacrament meeting she'll walk down to the nursery and say "eat eat..." she doesn't care about the diaper bag with food she wants nursery snacks. She's looking more like an outside girl with scrapes on her legs from falling. And right now well, the song "Return to Pooh Corner" is playing and she's singing a long to it that's a first. She knows a lot of the books we always read, It's so fun watching her grow up, but she's growing way too fast I can't keep up. Now she is singing "gether" to the song "Better Together" by Jack Johnson



I debated posting this picture or not. I went into the bathroom when Ross was bathing Emeline and this is what I saw. Well Ross didn't have that look on his face, but he was in the bath with her I was a little scared I thought he didn't have trunks on at the time, but maybe that is a little TMI.

4 comments:

Michelle Y. said...

That is such a funny picture of Ross covering his chest. Ha. Ok, for the record, I only blog when my kids are sleeping because I don't want it to take time away from my children. My 2 boys take 2hour naps every day and they go to bed 3 hours before me so even though I have 3 busy boys, and a 5 bedroom house to clean I still have 5 hours every day of free time, it's really not that hard to do. Some people choose to read a book, watch TV, take a nap at their free time, I choose to blog once a week and work on my book. Ok also, I LOVE your story and I can't wait to read more. Love you, miss you!

Sarah Hull said...

Oh I so love your story. Please keep writing. Write it for all of the Kimberly and Katie's out there and all the mothers of Kim and Kate. We need stories like yours to be heard.
I can't believe how big your sweet little Emeline is. She is a doll!
That last bath picture is a CRACK UP!
My advice with the blogging and blog book... just keep it up. Now that the girls are older and know how to work the mouse on the computer, they LOVE to scroll down and look at all the pictures of them. Its so fun for them and Emiline will LOVE it just as much!
Take care and keep writing when you can!

Anonymous said...

Love everything about your updates. I also liked the blip from your book. I wish I had asked you about yourself more when we lived together. Wow, I guess I can't keep wishing...I'd never get anywhere. Thank you for your experiences.

JImandDiane said...

Kimberly Tess! Why would you of all people feel guilty journaling about your sweet Emeline? Don't you wish that I had done that for you, when you were little? I love the picture of you and Emeline! I love your dress too. Thank-you for blogging, how would your old mom in California be able to see what is going on without your blog? Keep it up, you will never regret it!
I love reading your book also. I think it needs to be read by many.
I love you my sweet Kimberly Tess!
Love, Mom