Friday, March 27, 2009

UPDATE

So Ross fed Emeline her breakfast this morning and took this picture. I think she decided she liked the bowl better as a hat instead of what it is intended for.
A few days ago, Emeline's car seat was temporarily put on the floor in our home. Emeline, in the mean time decided that she wanted to strap her baby in. From behind, I can hear Emeline saying "buckle, buckle", getting me to turn around and help her with something. There I could see her baby in the car seat and she was trying to buckle her baby in.



Emeline laying with her baby on the floor she is wrapped up in a blanket that my Grandma gave me when my little sister was born. From my recollection she made all of us blankets at that time. I think it was because she didn't want us to feel neglected with the new baby, but I could be remembering that wrong; it was 19 years ago.











Emeline certainly likes to climb into things I suppose that is normal. She likes to empty things out and than climb in, in this case it was the end table.
























So Emeline really likes to climb into things. Tonight when I was making dinner, she decided that she wanted to climb into the kitchen cupboard. It is the only cupboard that isn't baby proof because when she was a year old we collected yogurt (and other dairy item) containers and put them in there so she could play with them when I was making dinner. Since then, we have cleaned most of it out, because she isn't interested in it any more. It is all for the best. Usually she would just empty it and walk away.


LATEST ON EMELINE: I found out in the last couple of days that Emeline knows how to count to ten. It came on suddenly; for the longest time she only counted to three. I was moving up and trying to teach her how to count to 5, but when I was doing that; saying "one", she said "two", I said "three", she said "four", all the way to ten.
Emeline also sings "rock a bye baby, on the tree top..." a lot. Usually she will grab the doll and get on the rocking chair, rocking her baby.
Emeline continues to change her dolls diaper saying that they have "pooped".
Emeline also puts her doll in her crib and says "night night"; she is always having me wrap her doll up in a blanket.
Oh, how much we love our little girl! We must be doing something right because on Tuesday she got on her knees saying "pray, pray". She gestured for me to get down on my knees so I did. She bowed her head and mumbled a prayer and said "Amen". (She did something similar to this last Sunday also). She then got up, grabbed the family Home Evening manual lying around and gestured for me to sit on the rocking chair and then handed me the manual. Every Monday night we do this only Ross is the one to sit in the rocking chair and reads out of the manual.

3 comments:

Michelle Y. said...

I can't believe she can already count to ten. She is going to be such a great big sister, she is already such a sweet little mommy.

JImandDiane said...

I can't wait to see you guys! You guys are the best! Love your blog and you!
Love,
Nicole

JImandDiane said...

You are right Tess, grandma made that blanket for you so you would not feel left out when Kaitlin who was the 6th child was born. Did it work?
I miss you two so much!! You two have done such a great job raising Emeline because she is as special as special gets.
(We forgot to get her pictures taken)
I love and miss you guys! Love, Mom