Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Growing, Growing, Growing!!!!

I love being a Mom to Emeline Tess. Hopefully one day she'll be grateful that I am her Mom. She brings so much joy into our lives and I could hardly believe that she will be two in a few weeks. I enjoy being in the nursery at church. I'm told that she is getting a personality of a two year old, but being with her day in and day out I do not see it (at least the stigma of a two year old that everyone talks about where it is known as the "terrible twos".) I suppose it is because when she first got into nursery in August she was shy and didn't do much except for suck her thumb and now she is getting comfortable with her surroundings and is more social.

A few recent funny and cute stories I have told some people happened on Saturday when Ross and I were doing some clean up. In a conversation I was having with Ross I said to him, "...I know, I know." Emeline mimicked me and said "I know, I know"
A second cute story was when Emeline woke up Monday morning. Usually Emeline will cry to let us know that she is awake this time she called out, "Ross, Ross, Ross, Ross..." with different tones in her voice. She calls Ross by name a lot, but she still knows that he is her Dad. Ross tries to get her to say "Kim" or "Tess" (middle name) but she doesn't go for it, well at least she is not calling it out all the time instead she calls out "Mommy" like she should. Our little girl is so precious. I love getting together as a family every Monday night. We always start Family Home Evening with a prayer. We get on our knees before the prayer, ALL of us including Emeline. There is nothing cuter then watching our little girl get on her knees, fold her arms and bow her head and be that way for most if not all of the prayer (I must admit I do peak)

4 comments:

Michelle Y. said...

So cute! I love that she says "Ross" even though I am sure he does not like it, it is so funny. What a sweet girl. I still want to talk to you so give me a call, I was busy when you called yesterday.

Anonymous said...

Emeline is the cutest, sweetest girl ever! her hair is getting so long. I think you guys are the best! Thank you for bein such an awsome sister! Can't wait to see ya again
Love,
Nicole

melvindanielson said...

Kimberly, I loved your new introduction. You have a great talent for description and the feelings of your heart.
I shed a little tear of happiness when I read your blog additons.
Love, Grandpa Melvin

JImandDiane said...

Alright! What do they mean sweet Emeline is getting the personality of a 2 year old now. It doesn't get sweeter than Emeline, and by the way, there is no such thing as the terrible 2's.
Sorry for getting protective, I couldn't help it.
Love, Grandma Nellie