
Emeline and I got back from our two week long trip to CA, Saturday night. It was a bitter sweet time and I still wish I could be at 2 places at the same time. I was ready to come home mostly because Emeline and I have away from Ross for a week. Our last day in CA was a sad day for us. It was the day my parents had to put their dog to sleep. She's had medical problems for a long time now, but on Friday things got worse when she started bleeding internally and found out that she had tumors that were most likely cancerous the vet couldn't guarantee they would be able to do something for her, which brought on the conclution that they needed to put her to sleep. Alli is the second golden retriever we've had to put down. My dog Bo was the other one. He just got really old and couldn't function. Bo also had medical problems, but not to the extent of Alli. I guess you can say we have bad luck with dogs particularly Goldens. Alli was such a good dog she followed us everywhere to the point where we had to tell her to "go way." She was well trained. Thursday my brother, Chris was demonstrating tricks she could do including laying her head on his chest. A favorite my nephew Trevor loved was putting a bone on her nose and say "stay, stay... good dog" and then Alli would grab the bone. Trevor concided Alli as his dog that just lived at Grandma and Grandpa's. Alli was so good even when it came to Emeline wanting to climb on her like she was a horse. These pictures were taken the day before Alli was put to sleep. Emeline squeeled every time she saw Alli, "doggie, doggie, doggie" she would say.
2 comments:
No wonder she died after looking at that picture of Emeline sitting on her. Ha ha that is so mean, I know I shouldn't have said that but I couldn't help myself. I will miss her so much, mostly because my boys thought she was family. While I was reading what you wrote about Trevor, I read "my favorite nephew Trevor". I read the sentence about 5 times over and over and I thought, "I didn't know that Trevor was Kim's favorite, how sweet that she wrote that." Well, it took me a few reads to get what it really said. I miss you! I will have to copy you and do a blog post about Alli.
I miss you and my beautiful neice. It was so fun to be with you two. I can't wait to see you again. You are the best sister ever. Ross is a great brother-in-law and Emeline is the cutest neice
Love,
Nicole
PS-- I lovvvvve your blog
Post a Comment