Saturday, July 5, 2008

Our Little Ragamuffin

Ragamuffin: The term ragamuffin (or raggamuffin) is used to refer to a child clothed in shabby, ill-fitting or dirty clothes. More generally it can also be used as a pejorative term to refer to a ragged, disreputable person. It is also used as a term of endearment - for example, when people refer to children as "little ragamuffins". (From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
A few weeks ago I called Emeline a "ragamuffin" Ross had never heard of the word before. I'm shocked because he always spouts out words I've never heard of. In fact, at work when Ross writes up reports he uses words that even his boss has to look up and eventually told him to not use such big words. I don't even remember when I first heard the word, although I always heard it as "rag muffin", but when I Googled it, it asked if I meant "ragamuffin" which explains why Ross' Grandma used "ragamuffin" yes, even Ross' Grandma called Emeline a ragamuffin because her hair is always in her face. My "little" sister says I need to cut it, but Emeline is starting to do better at keeping a bow or clip in her hair and I don't want her to have bangs (This is coming from a girl that didn't grow out my bangs until I was 25 when a friend of mine said that I needed to grow them out because it is "out of style." My bangs were grown out by the time I met Ross, but he has made humorous comments about my "bangs" when he sees pictures of me with bangs. He is glad I grew them out.)
These pictures where taken last night when Emeline took out all her toys from under the T.V. and got in under her own free will and then tried to stand up.

6 comments:

melvindanielson said...

Dear Fugere's,
Loved your additions to your blog.
You've done a marvelous job on your picture-taking too.
Did she bang her head? I guess we've all done something like that, and probably more than once.
Love, Grandpa Danielson

JImandDiane said...

Well that is the ctest ragmuffin I have ever seen and little girl I have ever seen. Can't wait to see you and my neice.
Love,
Nicole

JImandDiane said...

Who hasn't heard of the word ragmuffin? I thought that was a common term. However I would never use it to describe my most beautiful grand-daughter in the whole wide world, always has been the cutest, and always will be because you cannot get cuter than Emeline Tess!!! I would describe her as the very best, my little princess etc. She is always dressed so cute, and you cannot help it if she rips her cute bows out. I think I have bought her 50 bows and barrets, nothing seems to work, but she was getting so much better the last time I saw her, so I think you will finally have her beautiful face through those long bangs, finally!!!!
Kimberly and Ross you are truly the best parents in the world and it brings tears to my eyes to see such a perfect "hands on" family that you are. You will definately never regret all the quality time that you spend with the beautiful and sweetest Emeline Tess! You don't see great dads like Ross every day that spend the quality time that Ross does, and Kimberly I always knew that you would be the "perfect mom"!
I am so happy that you have great in-laws to spend so much time with weekly and at your reunion, I truly mean that!
I love you and miss you!
Mom

JImandDiane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Endless Days and Northern Nights said...

too cute! how's your new place?

Michelle Y. said...

my kids have looked like ragamuffins all week on the farm in Idaho. I can't wait to see you next week. We are in CA waiting for you to get here. Oh yeah, I was excited to tell you the other day Tanner said to me, "Mom I wish Emeline was our baby because you are a girl and she is a girl and you have brown hair and she has brown hair." it was too cute.