Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Aspiring Writer


My passion in life is writing I'm determined to publish a book I've been working on since I was 16. It is likely that it will take many years to make this possible, but I WILL make it happen. I decided to post a portion of the preface of my book. For the time being it is titled 'Serenity', but that may change. I'll occasionally post excerpts, but I'll make it brief so it won't be too boring...

One thing I strongly believe is that we came to our earthly families knowing some of the stumbling blocks we will have to surpass, so who are you? I am a daughter of God who loves me very much. He blessed me with the physical disability of cerebral palsy, in which I am very grateful for although I haven’t always had that optimistic attitude. I came to earth with many challenges in my life. It has been difficult to live through them, but I am enduring each obstacle and I couldn’t have done it without the help from my family, the friends I have made, and most importantly my Heavenly Father.
In this life we are faced with one barrier after another. We are all born with our own unique characteristics that make up who we are. We have all chosen to come down to earth to receive a physical body and to be tested in life. Our faith in the gospel will be tried in several ways. At times we may feel like we just want our pain to end, for our lives to be taken so that we can return back to our Heavenly Father and be able to feel the agony no more. As the writer of this book I have had head on collisions of one trial and then another and another. I know that I’m not the first person to suffer through trials and I know that I’m not the last, which means we are all similar to each other in one way or the other.

4 comments:

Michelle Y. said...

I am so excited to read the revised version of your book. Wasn't Sarah's blog so cute of her little Katie going on the bus, it reminded me of you and you going to therapy and your little bus. And now look at you...a beautiful girl with a beautiful daugther and an awsome husband. You make a sister proud! :)

Sarah Hull said...

O.k., I am totally bawling. I need you to finish this book ASAP. Katie needs this book and so do so many other people who were blessed with "Stumbling blocks". I am going to print this out and put it in Katie's book that I keep for her. Thank you for sharing this with us. Thank you for writing this book. Thank you for telling your story.

Mihoco said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mihoco said...

Kimberly, How nice it is! I completely agree with your opinion in the book. I would like to read your book more and more. I cannot wait for the next story... You will have to keep to publish your books for your old friend in Japan ;)