I was hoping to have a long 3 day weekend with Ross for Labor Day, but thanks to hurricane Irene Ross has to work today luckily for only 6 hours. The office he works at in Bellevue has received over 100 claims from the hurricane (all resolved over the phone of course.)
Today I’m resuming my motherly duties and caring for my children on my own. Ross reminded me on Saturday that I haven’t changed a diaper in over a week so I probably forgot what it’s like. On August 26th I had my last round of chemo so for the last week I’ve been recovering from that while Emeline and Dallin had play dates all day Mon-Fri. The day before chemo Ross and I had an early celebration and saw Les Miserables it was fantastic in fact that night I couldn't sleep because I was singing the songs in my head.
It is a great feeling to know that I am done with chemo. I definitely think that my mom pulled some strings for me. My thoughts and feelings are that she told Heavenly Father it is okay I get cancer if I got a type that has one of the highest rates of people recovering from (such as breast cancer like I have) and that I don’t get sick with chemo. I count my many blessings one by one. I certainly felt God’s tender mercies throughout chemo. I was expecting to get really sick, but I never did. I did get a lot of fatigue so much I didn’t even want to get up to eat, but I can deal with that nausea on the other hand is horrible.
5 comments:
So I do need to tell you that the picture od Dallen falling asleep while eating made me laugh!!! That is actually adorable! You are so amazing!! I love you much! I am so blessed to have you as a sister!\Love you tons!
Nicole
yay!! I'm so happy for you that you are done. I have been thinking and praying for you and I'm glad to hear that you didn't get too sick. Love to you all!
I am so happy for you Kim!! What a huge relief to have the chemo over. YOu were such a trooper to - coming to church so much and being so smiley and cheerful. you are an inspiration to me! your kids are so adorable. I'm so happy I found your blog! :)
Kimberly I know of no one with your faith and strength. I just stand in awe. Your life's experiences are such a blessing for those of us sitting on the outside watching you live a life being shaped and molded by the Lord. You are so willing to allow Him to make so much of the person you are. I simply marvel. How happy I am that your chemo is over. I am praying you can enjoy more of life's simple pleasures again. Keep going!
I love the picture of Dallin sleeping. Thank goodness chemo is over. You deserve a break!
Post a Comment