Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas then and now

I wrote a big long blog post and accidently deleted it so this one is condenced. This holiday season is both happy and sad. It makes me think more about my mom and how it has almost been a year since she passed away. I prayed last year that she would live past the holidays and she did she was able to live through 12 days of 2010 when she was supposed to only live to see maybe 2005. Miracles do happen and I'm grateful for the extra time we had with her even though it is never enough. I'm grateful for her willingness to undergo countless chemo and radiation treatments. She is my hero I can't imagine how horrible it was. I'm grateful she is no longer in pain, but oh how I want her here in the flesh though I have felt her spirit and influence many times this past year. I'm grateful for my family and how close we are. Though 2010 started out to be a difficult one through out the rest of the year we have been truly blessed.
In the hospital Dec '09


Christmas '09



Christmas '10 in WA
We were very spoiled this Christmas. We opened so many gifts I think Emeline had enough before all the gifts were opened



Dallin is now 8 months old. Though I missed having my mom with me in the flesh when he was born I know she was there in spirit even in the O.R. when I had my c-section and getting a spinal. I know she was there ushering him in to this crazy world (and maybe in some cases crazy family.) we are so grateful to have him in our home.

1 comment:

Jenson Family said...

You are such a sweet person. I cannot imagine the tender feelings that accompany losing your mother. What a gift the light of the gospel provides. This is such a beautiful post.