Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Four years and 2 kids later...

Today Ross and I celebrate our 4 year anniversary. It has been the greatest years of my life and I look forward to the years ahead. Ross came into my life at a time when I least expected it, a time when I wasn't even looking for love. We were college students at BYU-I. Six weeks after Ross and I met we went on our first date although I had my eye on him since he first came by my apartment at the beginning of the summer semester May 2005 to introduce himself and get to know the people in the ward. Though I asked him on our first date to a school dance (I wasn't alone in asking a guy otherwise I would not have done it) he made all the moves after that starting with the next day. The next night we had a DTR (determine the relationship) I had never heard of a DTR until my roommates told me about it when I talked to them about my conversation with Ross. In the end he asked "What's next... with us?" and I told him I would like to get to know him better. Though I knew only 2 months later that I wanted to spend the rest of eternity with him it wasn't until 4 months later, 5 days before he graduated were we engaged and 5 months later we were married after being apart (1,000 miles away) during that whole time while Ross interviewed for several job positions with me only making one, 1 week long trip to WA from CA. We now have a 3 year old daughter and a 2 1/2 week old son and are so glad to have them apart of our family. I'm eternally grateful for Ross and the great blessing he is in my life.

Yellowstone July 2005


Outside my apartment summer 2005


2 comments:

Michelle Y. said...

Happy Anniversary! I loved spending time with your family.

The Wi Family said...

Happy Anniversary!!! What a beautiful family you have!! Can't wait to meet the newest member :) Hope you're feeling well!