
This morning Emeline decided it was a good idea to take her PJs off and go to the bathroom. When she got there she motioned for me to help her onto the toilet "pee pee" she kept saying. I asked her if she need to go potty. "Potty book, potty book" she said. We have a potty book for girls that we have read to her a few times. I then went to find the book and she flipped through it while on the toilet. When she was done she said "Oilet paper" for toilet paper. Better than "ruff' I don't know where she gets "ruff" out of "toilet paper"

I figure if she's old enough to tell me when she has pooped (though sometimes it is a false alarm) or she takes off her wet diaper and hands it to me (that or take it off without telling me when I'm making dinner and puts her pants back on and Ross comes home and wonders why Emeline doesn't have a diaper on and her pants are wet.) then she is old enough to be potty trained... Well she doesn't fully get it so I guess I'll have to wait a little longer.

Before putting Emeline down for a nap today I put pants on under her dress so she wouldn't be as temped to take her diaper off and use her dirty diaper as paint like my uncle did when he was Emeline's age.
2 comments:
I think she's definitely ready to be potty trained. Trevor was potty trained by 26 months. It would be so nice to have her potty trained before you have another baby, if you wait too long then she might go back to diapers when she sees a new baby in diapers...that's what Tanner did. He was perfectly potty trained until I had Tyler and then he wanted to be a baby in diapers again. I highly reccomend getting a little toilet for her to sit on that goes on the floor so it's not too scary. Then I got a little seat that fits on a normal toilet seat when they get better at going in the little toilet. Also, wait till you are done traveling to Utah and CA, it is impossible to travel and potty train...you have to be in your house for a good week or two until they get used to not being in diapers. Plus...bribe like crazy that always works. Good luck, that is my least favorite stage!
I LOVE the picture you have on the side of your blog where it looks like Emeline is praying. Great picture! hope you are doing well!
Post a Comment