
1.Emeline has got to be one of the oddest babies because she hardly ever sucks her thumb without hanging onto my hair at the same time. In fact I have to be the one to rock her to sleep because she has to have the thumb and the hair at the same time and Ross just doesn't have the hair. Some nights she'll wake up in the middle of the night and she'll end up in bed with us. To keep her from crying I'll give her some of my hair. I've tried to get her attached to a blanket, but I guess it must not be as good as moms hair. Oh and if she finds a random hair she will pick it up and start sucking away. It is always the left thumb too. Ross is worried she'll end up being a left hander in a right handed world. I'm hoping she'll be a left hander, maybe because I'm a left hander. We've got to keep the trend going because she is a Tess and my Grandma Tess was also a left hander.
2. Emeline is quite the talker. She certainly tells us how it is. She has so much to say that she can entertain herself for awhile after waking up from a nap.
3. Emeline WILL NOT keep a clip in her hair if her life depended on it. Her hair is always in her face and I'm not cutting those bangs. When we put a clip in her hair it is out in no time at all so we have to distract her. I was really surprised today because she kept the little clip in her hair up until we were on our way home from church. (When I was taking the above picture I had to keep stopping her from taking the bow out. Typical)
4. Emeline loves to destroy. She knows the concept of taking things out, but not always putting things away although sometimes she surprises us.
5. Emeline loves to read. She'll spend a long time flipping through books and pointing at the pictures.

6. Emeline is a dog lover. We have a new neighbor who has a dog. When ever the dog barks Emeline perks up and says, "doggie" with a big smile. Last Sunday Emeline went home teaching with Ross, she does this on a regular basis. Ross doesn't have a companion so Emeline is his right hand girl. One of the guys that he visits has a dog. At first the dog barked because they were unfamiliar and Emeline jumped, but by the end of the visit Emeline couldn't stop laughing at the dog.
7. Emeline, like most babies loves her bath times.
8. Emeline is the new princess in the family. She is the only grand child on Ross' side of the family and she is the only granddaughter on my side of the family
9. Emeline loves to sing. I sing to her a lot. I even made up a song about her to the tune of "I Love to See the Temple"... Another thing she doesn't go to sleep without me singng to her.
10. Emeline Tess is the very best. We love being able to enjoy her being the baby in our family. She is getting so big. Though she isn't walking yet she is getting there. She can get up on her own and stand alone. She'll walk if she's pushing something or we are holding her hand, but hasn't taken that first step yet. I'm looking forward to not having to carry her around all over the place, but I also know she is going to be into everything so much faster then she is now. It's hard to stop her now so maybe I should just enjoy her crawling because she will be walking in no time.
4 comments:
Aww, she is getting so big. I can't wait to see her in July!
She's perfect! I love the pictures...she is so DANG CUTE!
Dear Fugeres,
Loved your "Ten Facts." Well done!
We're still waiting for the "I can walk" message, which is not too far in the distance. I know you two are so grateful for every day you're together.
KIMBERLY: H A P P Y
M O T H E R 'S D A Y !
Love, Grandpa Melvin
It's been a long time waiting for this momentous occasion. Wooooooorah, and congratulations!
Loved the video and your ten items about Emeline. Each one was a great contribution "to Emeline."
Thank you for this special invitation to share your blog on a never-to-be-forgotten occasions.
Love, Grandpa Melvin
Post a Comment